Hallson Golf Scorekeeper
- The service is offered FREE.
- NO CREDIT CARD IS REQUIRED
- Each menu will have a Google Ad display at the bottom of the screen and there is a screen to perform a Google search. We do make a few pennies if you click an ad or perform a Google search.
- We are Affliate Sales Reps for TGW and RockBottomGolf, so if you are looking to purchase something from either of them, please do it via our links and we get a small commision.
- We ask for and keep no personal data in our Scorekeeper database. We do ask for the email address of the person signing up for the service. We ask for the email of players during setup, but you always use dummy emails. Only you can trigger an email to be sent, we never send emails except to the person who registered and only about this application.
- We do perform backups of the information, but we are not responsible for data loss(your scores disappearing). We do ask you to be good users and delete out old scores.
- You can signup by going to this link and replying to the confirmation email. System is FREE.
- SIGN UP Look for the email to complete the signup process.
- Feel free to check out the Demo System. Use Code "demo" PIN 1111 to Enter System and "demodemo" to Enter Adminstration.
Per Group or Per League Features and Limits
- Allows any number of Players Per Group/League
- Allows any number Courses Per Group/League
- System can calculate a standard handicap (before USGA method of today) or USGA (see formulas below)
- System will calculate handicaps for each score entered
- System is built to handle golf leagues that use points for a season. Click here for more details
- League administrator can create a rules page
- League administrator can create a schedule page
- League administrator can create special messages to post on the main league page
- System can generate an email of current handicaps for sending to players
- Main menu is for all players to view...
- Message from the administrator of the league
- Link to the league rules
- Link to the schedule
- Handicaps - List of players and their current handicap
- Scores - List of players by date showing Score, Net Score, Handicap
- Points - List of league points per round or season totals
- Money - List of moeny earned per round or season totals
- Player View - List of scores, points and money for the player to review
- System supports 9 hole handicaps or 18 hole handicaps. Just enter par/rating/slope at 9 holes for a 9 hole handicap.
- System supports teams. Instead of players just enter team names and set par on the course at Par for 9 or Par for 18 * number of members on the team. You end up with a team handicap.
- This system is intended for use by leagues or by small groups wanting to track scores for rounds played together. This allows for every player to have an equal chance of winning since the handicaps are true for a course and under the same conditions.
- This is not a game analyzer, tracking putts per round, fairways hit or GIR. We do offer that service free also in Game Tracker
- You set the handicap rules
- Type of handicap Standard or USGA.
- How many rounds are reviewed for calculation?
- How many rounds are included in the calculaiton?
- You can have the best 2 rounds removed from the calculation.
- What percentage of strokes to give 95% to 50%.
- Sample Standard(old School)
John has played 12 rounds of golf over the last 4 months. You have decided this goup will review the last 10 rounds played. Out of those 10 rounds, you accept the lowest 6 scores to calculate the handicap. You have elected to use 85% as your percentage of strokes to use.
John has shot: 90, 85, 89, 86, 78, 85, 90, 92, 88, 80. The lowest 6 scores are used: 78, 80, 85, 85, 86, 88 for a total of 502. Assuming your course plays to 72, the formalula is
((Total Score - Par) / Rounds Used) * .96%
((502 - 432) / 6) * .96
Total Score = 502
Par = 432
Total Strokes over par = 70
Average stroker per round = 11.66
Handicap = 11.19
- Same Sample USGA
John has played 12 rounds of golf over the last 4 months. You have decided this goup will review the last 10 rounds played. Out of those 10 rounds, you accept the lowest 6 scores to calculate the handicap. You have elected to use 85% as your percentage of strokes to use. Course Rating is 73.9, course slope is 130.
John has shot: 90, 85, 89, 86, 78, 85, 90, 92, 88, 80. The lowest 6 scores are used: 78, 80, 85, 85, 86, 88 for a total of 502. For each score you use (Score - 73.9) * 113 / 130
For John's 6 scores you get these 6 Handicap Differentials 3.56, 5.30, 9.65, 9.65, 10.51, 12.26
Add the differentials = 50.93
Divide by 6 rounds = 8.49
Multiple by percentage of stokes to use say .96 (USGA Standard) = 8.15
- Scores are kept online for 1 year.
- Each group is provided with 1 security code for entering course setup, players and scores. Reviewing screens are open for all.
- We do backup your information, but we are not responsible for system failures that may lose your data. We recommend that you print out your information and keep paper copies.
Our Favorite Saturday Group Game
- We create 2 and 3 man teams each week based upon how many show up.
- For weeks with 3 player teams going against 2 player teams, each player on the 2 player team gets 2 extra strokes.
- We throw all the balls up each week to determine teams, balls closest together play together.
- Each player plays his ball out or till double bogie.
- We allow a maximum of an 18 stroke handicap
- Lowest team scores wins
- We play for $1 for low score each nine, $1 total score and $.25 for each greenie, $4 per round total.
- Your handicap is based upon only scores played within this group. No other outside scores allowed.
- This system has been used for over 20 years and overtime the money is a wash. The handicaps do keep the teams close each week. Rarely does 1 team ever win by more than 1 stroke per nine.
4 players, 2 player teams
5 players, 1 2 player team, 1 3 player team
6 players, 2 3 player teams
7 players, 2 2 player teams, 1 3 player team
8 players, 4 2 player teams
Feel free to email us with your favorite game and we can post it.